42. FOCUS ON ONE COMMAND AT A TIME Always remember that dogs can have a hard time in distinguishing two commands, especially if they are conflicting. Thus, it is always best to focus on one command at a time. Do not make your pet’s life confusing, so that he would have a better time in following your orders.
41. GROOM YOUR DOG Grooming your dog would ensure that he always feel comfortable, which would have positive results in your training sessions. Thus, it is best that you do it regularly. Make sure to do the grooming yourself, since it is also an activity, which would bring you closer to each other.
40. WALKING THE DOG Whenever you are walking your dog on a leash, do not tighten the leash, since it can hurt your dog. Aside from that, it can also make him pull you as a counter response, which is not good. Keep his leash loose, so that he can enjoy the walk more, and would look forward to it day by day.
39. DO NOT PUNISH YOUR DOG WHENEVER HE FAILS TO FOLLOW YOUR COMMAND. There may be times when you feel that your dog is testing your patience by not following your command during a training session. However, you need to remember that dogs always want to please their masters. In other words, you simply need to spend more time in teaching him about the command, for him to follow it. Do not punish him, since it would just confuse him more.
38. WHAT TO DO WHEN YOU FEEL FRUSTRATED In training your dog, you need to be aware that there would be times when you would feel frustrated about it. Whenever you feel angry at your dog though, you should not proceed with the training session. Instead, let your dog do what he wants to do, and come back when you have already calmed down.