44. NAGGING YOUR DOG SHOULD NOT BE PRACTICED. Nagging your dog is not something that should be done, since it would not bring any kind of positive results. If you do it to your dog, it can only mean two things to him, it would mean nothing since he does not understand what you are saying or it can mean something negative, due to the tone of your voice. In any case, it should not be done, since it would not be beneficial for both of you.
37. PRACTICE SELF-CONTROL. You cannot expect to achieve success in dog training, if you cannot control yourself. With that, you need to practice self-control, in order to control your dog. Dog training requires a lot of self-control, since it can take a lot of effort and time, to get your dog to follow your commands.
43. USE THE WORDS “GOOD” AND “NO” ON A DAILY BASIS Learning the meaning of the words Good and No should be one of the basic things that you need to teach to your dog. This is because, you would be using these words on a daily basis whenever you interact with him. Your dog should know that whenever you say Good, it means that he has done something right. On the other hand, whenever you say No, he should know that he has done something wrong.
42. FOCUS ON ONE COMMAND AT A TIME Always remember that dogs can have a hard time in distinguishing two commands, especially if they are conflicting. Thus, it is always best to focus on one command at a time. Do not make your pet’s life confusing, so that he would have a better time in following your orders.
41. GROOM YOUR DOG Grooming your dog would ensure that he always feel comfortable, which would have positive results in your training sessions. Thus, it is best that you do it regularly. Make sure to do the grooming yourself, since it is also an activity, which would bring you closer to each other.